Thursday, October 7, 2010

Organs for sale? Peer Response



I got a chance to read a few people's blogs who decided to write about the "Organ's for Sale" question set. Reading the comments that he made really made me think.  I wrote about this topic as well but felt quite different then Alex. I said that people should be able to sell their organs. I believe that this will help those in great need of an organ get one.  I didn't really consider that people would take advantage of this system.  I think that Alex makes a great point when saying that those who have a greater need for an organ should be able to get one before those who are not in a life threatening position.  I was thinking about this for quite a while and came to the conclusion that maybe a timeline may help.  Those who are in need of an organ in 6-8 months or less should get one first. When those people are taken care of then, and only then, can the organs be purchased. This is only an idea, but I feel that selling organs should be considered because if someone is willing to give an organ to those in need, even if it is for a price, that in itself is pretty astonishing.  I think to turn people away who are willing to do something like this would be a crime.  Once again, I see both sides in this issue, but I think that those who vote against the selling of organs need to think of what something like this may to for peoples lives.
I also got a chance to read a few more articles on lines discussing the selling of organs. It seems that people are more worried with there not being enough organs then people taking advantage of an opportunity like this. I think that our nation is in such dire need of organs that they don’t seem to care if we have to resort to selling them
<Alex's Blog LSC 100>

No comments:

Post a Comment