Sunday, October 31, 2010

Demonstration Speech Self-Evaluation


After watching my Demonstration Speech I was pretty pleased. I thought that the explanation of my steps was clear.  I hope that this made is easy to follow along. I also made sure to repeat those 4 main steps multiple times to show the importance of them. I hope that this was engraved into my audience’s head.  Hopefully they can remember these steps themselves and try to recipe at home. I was also pleased with my display of the items a brought in. I myself am a visual learner so I thought that bringing in the items that I used the may my recipe would help people get a visual idea of what they would need if they themselves wanted to make it. Finally, I was pleased with the timing. I timed myself multiple times to try and make sure that I feel between 5 and 6 minutes. This paid off because I came in right at 5 minutes and 30 seconds!  I also thought I projected my voice well, and stood in a good upright position.  Finally, I think that my introduction and conclusions turned out well.  I had a little story in the beginning and then made sure to wrap up my steps in the end.
In addition, I think that there are many things that I can work on to perfect my public speaking.  I love to speak in front of people and usually do not get very nervous although, I do tend to start and speak too fast.  I think that during some part of my speech I did okay, in others I started to speak too fast and got my words a bit jumbled.  I also think that maybe I should have picked to demonstrate something a little less confusing.  After choosing this recipe out of my mom’s book and already buying all of the ingredients I realized that there were lots of steps and that it may be too lengthy for a speech like this that needs to be less than 6 minutes. I was able to wrap it all up into 4 easy steps but there were things that I found I wanted to explain further into depth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment