Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Response to Gregory's Blog


I have decided to respond to Gregory’s Blog regarding Euthanasia. I myself decided to write about Euthanasia for my blog. It turns out that Gregory and I feel differently about this issue. He believes that life is to precious and valuable to end sooner then it is supposed to.  He also believes that people can make remarkable comebacks form being very ill. I agree with him that there are miracle situations.  I have heard of many myself. In contrast, there are also situations where the doctors have deemed a person terminally ill. That there will be no coming back from their comma, or there cancer because it has spread to vital organs. It is situations like this that people may not be able to come back from.  When a person is in so much pain that they can’t stand it, why not let them make the decisions for themselves to die. This will end their suffering as well as those of their family. It will also save the family from having to watch them go through this time of extreme pain.   I also agree that life is precious, if there is even a 1%  chance that a person can be saved then Euthanasia should not be considered. For, some that may not be the case. When there is a life of suffering ahead then I do believe that Euthanasia should legal for the patient to consider.  In the end, there needs to be extreme guidelines before Euthanasia should be legalized.  This will make sure that patients and families do not take advantage of it or misuse it.  Although, I am still for Euthanasia even after considering Gregory’s good points.  As I mentioned in my blog post, if we have the right to freedom then we should have the right to choose between life and death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment